Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby Shoe

OOOOh am I ever having fun. I wanted to get back into soldering, but I wanted to do something that was different, something I really havent seen in blog land...here is my take on the charms...I painted the cupcakes on watercolor paper and framed them. The "big" ones are 1 1/2 square and that tiny one...1" square. I did use the spica glitter pens, they add just the hint of sparkle that I like. I think these would be good to put on my etsy, which I have set up, but haven't used.Let me know what you think. I plan to painting chocolate truffles, cherries...I would love to hear some idea's. Oh, I have painted a birds nest and eggs, thought I would put that in a charm...
Oh the morning sun was shining through my window! Here is another sweet baby shoe...it doesnt really show, but I spritzed it with gilmmer mist, there is the softest hint of antique pink glimmer.
see the hint of glimmer on the toe area...not really? lol

This little guy is on Ebay
I decided it was time...I gathered all my tools and gadgets. Went and bought a tile to put it all on and now I have a soldering station. I found this clip in the paint department at Home Depot it is perfect for holding up the glass for soldering. My soldering iron is about 20 years old. A bit of crud on the tip. I got it cleaned up, still isnt staying hot on the tip, so I plan to get another, anybody have any idea what kind I should get? I would love to hear what is being used out there. No one mentioned my ooops...got my banner just a bit big, dont you think. LOL!!

18 comments:

Maggie said...

Your cupcake pendants are gorgeous!!! You will sell out of those fast. I love the idea of the chocolate truffles too. The baby shoe is so darn sweet. I love what you did with it.
My husband made me a stand to hold my glass while I solder so that I can have both hands to work with. If you would like to see a picture of it let me know. I use a Weller soldering iron with temperature control and I am really happy with it. Now I have a question for you: what is memory glass shown in the last picture?

Sugar Bear said...

Lovely pendants. They are fresh and fun!
Karla

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I like your banner just the way it is, big and all!!! Cute pendants. It's nice to see something yummy on them! Your baby shoe is just adorably cute. Everything is wonderfully spring!

Lori said...

Laurie:) i am in love with the sweet bird in the baby shoe, it is just so precious!!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Love your charms.
Your little bird is so sweet.
Alison

Val said...

I just love your blog. I don't really know how I stumbled upon you but I enjoyed my visit.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Well Laurie.. about the time, I think it's the cutest one you've ever done.. you do it again!!! This is precious!!

Unknown said...

i love the little charms and i think you must be spritzing everything with some kind of cuteness voodoo spray because i want every little bird you put out there! sadly my pocketbook cant afford that.

Cottage Way of Life said...

I love the baby shoe bird! I hope I remember to check back at your auction. I may have to buy it! :)

-Sarah

Adrienne said...

Those little charms are just darling! Your talent is once again amazing. I can't wait to see what others you make. The baby shoe is adorable. I think your banner is just right. ~Adrienne~

Unknown said...

Ohhh! Great stuff!
hugs,
Robyn

Julie said...

If you don't mind me asking about the charms..I would love to make some soldered charms with photos of my Mother for my daughters for next Christmas - but have not a clue as to where I should go to get the supplies...and maybe a how to book. This is one of those projects of the heart for me.

Thanks so much!

Meggie said...

I've tried using some different photos as headers and they turned out like your...huge! I have to work on that. Sorry I'm not very helpful in choosing another soldering tool...have never used one for crafts. I REALLY like the bird in the baby shoe...sooo cute!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Laurie, love your banner and the size is great. Your pendants are darling and the baby shoe with birdie, is precious!
Hugs,
Celestina,
La Rea Rose

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Laurie,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I didn't notice the silver balls at B/B Junction. When I went Sunday, Laurena wasn't there. I will still try and find out and get back to you.. Were they mercury glass??
I love your banner I need to make a change and just haven't done it.
JOY!

Kara Ward said...

My favorite iron comes from Rainbow glass in Omaha Nebraska. Yes, they ship. It is $99.95 and is worth every penny. It has a trigger on it like a glue gun. The solder does not melt through it though. The trigger is for heat. When the trigger is not pushed in the gun isn't hot. I have little kids-so that mattered to me. Also, you gun doesn't over heat. Love that...email me if you need more info. Kara Ward
SCWARD2@aol.com

Our Hands For Hope said...

the kitty photo itself is linked ...I'm going to go back and post something more obvious...its a flickr find
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinymuffins/457029760/
Terisa

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Hi, Lauri,
I use a heavy-duty Weller soldering iron and a smaller iron that goes up to 700 degrees F, which is a lower temperature iron. Check out Delphi Glass website, they do mail order and the prices are good. Sometimes you can catch a sale. Get the best quality you can afford, it will last longer. And a bar of sal ammoniac will keep the tip clean. Watch out for helpful cat paws, though! LLYYNN = Lynn Davis